|Date Posted||January 20, 2019|
3Ci is looking for a Product Owner is a key participant in our clients' product development process. The Prooduct Owner will be chiefly concerned with prioritizing, defining, and planning the initiatives necessary to support our clients' internal and external product release schedule.
The Product Owner will collaborate with a team of product analysts responsible for the functional and technical definition of our clients product modules, and will work closely with the technology management team to ensure the overall strategic product vision is followed throughout the development process.
The Product Owner will report directly to the CTO.
The Product Owner routinely performs the following duties as directed by company management and situation requirements:
- Manage the development and execution of the clients' release schedule:
- Assist in the prioritization of strategic product capabilities
- Direct the tactical prioritization of specific features
- Interface with support to help in the escalation/resolution of customer issues
- Serve in the “Product Owner” role within the scrum process
- Guide beta and pilot programs with respect to new products and new product releases
- Direct and review research necessary for product evolution:
- Competitors’ capabilities and release schedules
- Mainframe ecosystem technology trends
- Emerging technology solution trends (i.e., RPA, Blockchain, etc.)
- Educate client employees on product functionality and technical architecture
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and professional development to other members of the product development team
- Develop and maintain a detailed functional working knowledge of our clients products
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of relevant client business areas (i.e., Finance, Insurance, Security, etc.)
- Encourage innovation and continuous process improvement
- Support Executive Management towards the completion of corporate strategic objectives
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of the business concepts, processes, and technical systems involved in the mainframe technology ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience as a Project / Program Manager responsible for managing multiple product lines
- Experience successfully delivering full lifecycle projects in a software development or technology environment.
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies with SCRUM frameworks.
- Experience with project tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (customers, analysts, press, and internal constituents)
- Experience employing planning, task organization and task estimation methods