|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2019|
Position: Principal Java Architect
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
Location: Jersey City, NJ / Lower Manhattan, NYC
Industry: Financial Services
Salary: $130,000 - $170,000
We are looking for a strong application / solution architect to join a team that is working with the latest in emerging technologies to solve problems for a large financial institution. They will be an individual contributor and collaborator on a high-performing team that has been tasked with taking on several large-scale programs in the near term with many more to come. They will be a part of the creation of a large analytics platform for the entire Treasury group, as well as the design and creation of a brand-new fraud detection and prevention platform. These systems will have a basis in Java technology, but will be utilizing blockchain, AI, machine learning and public cloud technologies in tandem to create state of the art solutions for the business.
General Job Description:
Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools.
- Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division.
- Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools.
- Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
- Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations.
- Acts as subject matter expert, as needed.
- Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications.
- Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace.
- Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs.
- Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Bachelor s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Looking for expert-level experience with Java/J2EE development/architecture
- Need someone with a passion for creating resilient, scalable, and high availability solutions.
- Should have experience with messaging technologies: Kafka, MQ, etc.
- Need to be a leader and interact well with other teams in the organization.
- Any experience with emerging technologies is a plus: Blockchain, public cloud, AI, machine learning, etc. but they need to be willing and excited to learn and use these technologies moving forward.