|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||November 15, 2018|
My client in the Blockchain industry is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to be based in their New York City office. They are building a leading blockchain platform that will positively change the cryptocurrency space and alter the future of technology.
You will be responsible for designing and developing their distributed-systems products and platforms. Their software is built using C#. In this position, you will work in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $160-190k DOE plus excellent benefits, package and PTO.
Location: Manhattan, New York City
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class industrial-strength distributed-systems software.
- Possess Management capabilities, as well as experience building an engineering team.
- Write in C++, C#/.NET to build and enhance our product offerings.
- Work with other developers, test engineers, and project managers to develop and deliver software products and solution implementations.
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and blockchain platform product lines.
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms.
- Leverage Agile practices.
- Analyze, design, code, and test software elements.
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams.
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value.
- Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in C++ and C#/.NET.
- Experience working within Linux environments.
- Experience building, leading and managing a team of Engineers.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work with multi-threading and concurrency
- Able to demonstrate knowledge with micro services and distributed architectures.
- Experience working with low level communications, TCP, UDP, streaming I/O.
- Able to demonstrate a deep knowledge base of Software Testing including Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in writing and interpreting documentation, as well as software/architecture diagrams.
- Able to demonstrate strong knowledge base of CLR, memory management and performance optimization.
- Knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) and Node.JS
- Experience as an engineer within the trading systems, financial accounting, payment systems and/or post-trade system industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.