|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
FINANCE - CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
We’re an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
We’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer to lead and direct the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with GAAP issued by the FASB, SEC and other regulatory and advisory organizations in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the cryptocurrency/blockchain and finance industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You’ll plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate our company’s fiscal functions and performance.
- Participate directly in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a senior executive.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of our long-range planning, introducing new programs and strategies as well as regulatory actions as needed.
- Develop credibility for the company, company’s products, exchange and blockchain by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to all levels in the company within the financial disciple.
- Improve budgeting process via educating management and executives on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimizing the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position and FOREX issues.
- You’ll have a master’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Solid understanding of cryptography, crypto-economics, blockchain technologies and smart contracts scripting.
- Advanced analytical abilities including identification of unconventional trends and emerging technologies.
- Strong abilities to aggregate information from a variety of sources including technical repositories and anecdotal feedback from teams then able to draw educated conclusions from incomplete information.
- Able to explain extremely complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical non-sophisticated audience.
- Highly adaptable in fast-moving environments and maintaining accountability to the team and other reports.
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7