|Date Posted||April 15, 2018|
- Advise on the implementation of federal and/or state legal/regulatory requirements impacting the health care industry (particularly in the topics specified above) and the operational complexities resulting from those requirements
- Identify privacy considerations for further analysis
- Advise on risk management, consumer/customer inquiries, and/or service issues
- Evaluate appropriate legal course of action to meet business objectives and advise senior business leaders
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 5+ years of professional legal experience either in a law firm or corporate environment
- Regulatory and compliance experience
- Technology experience in areas such as consumer experience, privacy, email, electronic communications, or artificial intelligence, etc.
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment, including excellent written/verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Background in health insurance and/or managed care industry
- Background in regulatory matters impacting the health care industry, particularly in topic areas specified above in the job description
- Demonstrated understanding of business considerations related to topics specified above
- Background in state and/or federal privacy issues/matters impacting the health care industry
- Hartford, CT, Cypress, CA or Minnetonka, MN are preferred locations
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.