|Date Posted||February 17, 2019|
Digitalisation Transformation Manager, Commercial Group
• Opportunity to work in a world class organization and play a leading role in delivering a step change in commercial performance across the value chain through digitalisation and innovation
• Exposure to global commercial operations, processes, stakeholders, and leading-edge digital/tech across all of our commodities and product groups
• Work in a collaborative and fast paced global environment, based in Singapore
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
The high-quality materials Rio Tinto produces are essential to making modern life work. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: from microscopic circuit board parts in your smartphone and computer to the hull of a super tanker, our materials make up the world around us. We own and operate open pit and underground mines, mills, refineries, smelters, power stations, and research and service facilities.And we use our railways, ports and ships to deliver our products to our customers. Underpinning everything we do is an absolute commitment to safety for our people, contractors, and the communities and environments in which we operate.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. Its a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and its this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Our vision is to build a unified Commercial Digital Platform capability (data, people, processes, technology), which will enable us to enable a step change in commercial performance, transform customer experiences, and play a pioneering role in redefining our industry over the long term.
Our aim is to deliver the most engaging experiences for our customers, underpinned by digital technologies and new agile ways of working.
We are looking for a Digitalisation Transformation Manager to play a leading role in helping us achieve this vision. A big part of this will be to deliver (fit-for-purpose) standardisation and digitalisation of our business processes across the Commercial Group.
What the Role Entails
This role is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to have direct influence and leadership in strategically transforming the way we do business across the Commercial Group. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Digitalisation & Innovation and as part of the Digitalisation & Innovation leadership team, you will:
• Be responsible for delivering the digital portfolio (product backlog), including end-to-end programme management, strategy, budget, execution, risk management, and team leadership.
• This role has exposure to senior stakeholders, and as such a collaborative approach to transformational leadership is required, engaging with business stakeholders, internal IT partners and external 3rd parties (vendors, start-ups, academia) to deliver digital/tech enabled commercial transformation
• Lead a core team of product owners, scrum masters and specialists across the front, middle and back office areas
• Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to converge and align on recommendations and prioritisation of the product backlog/s
• Drive change and consensus, present to senior leaders across the Commercial Group
• Challenge conventional thinking and champion customer/user centric design approaches to deliver digital products/solutions
• Establish KPIs (what success looks like) and track progress via delivery of MVPs (minimum viable products) and multiple releases from a prioritised product backlog
• Champion the AGILE transformation/culture change across Commercial, providing guidance and coaching where necessary
• Act as the Product Manager for the Commercial Digital Platform and play a leading role in helping define the right tech stack/architecture, leveraging AI/Machine Learning, Data & Analytics, Blockchain, RPA, VR/AR, Mobile and IoT capabilities, where relevant.
• Utilise (start-up) innovation approaches, capabilities and partnerships to enable ongoing continuous improvements and delivery of value for the Commercial Digital Platform. Play a role in helping set-up and manage corporate-startup collaboration projects.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will:
• Have track record of leading, designing and delivering complex, large scale organisational transformation initiatives and cultural change, preferably across oil and gas, metals and mining or commodity trading organisations
• Be effective in managing multiple, senior and varied stakeholders, both internally and externally, with excellent communication/presentations skills and ability to develop a strong storyline.
• Be strategic and have a forward thinking/growth mindset competencies
• Be experienced in working with senior leadership teams in geographically dispersed locations.
• Have the ability to get things done based on analysis, facts/data and through collaboration and influence
• Have experience and knowledge of design thinking and understanding customer journeys
• Have understanding of the end-to-end contact/customer to cash process or the trade deal life cycle
• Have Agile leadership experience and the ability to achieve desired outcomes through effective leadership of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Have thorough understanding of SCRUM practices with a pragmatic approach to applying AGILE best practice
• Have a Bachelor Degree and/or MBA in a relevant discipline with significant strategy experience with commercial focus
• Very high energy and enthusiasm and the ability to drive large scale transformation in an organisation thats been around for more than 146 years !
It will also be beneficial if you have:
• Understanding of one or more of the following technologies in some detail: AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation, Internet of Things, Augmented/Virtual Reality, Mobile, Big Data & Analytics
• Prior experience in mining and metals and/or commodity trading businesses or a leading tech company
• Experience in working with start-ups or innovation lab type environments
Apply before the 26th February 2019 if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.